Join the RNPN and leaders from the private, public and nonprofit sectors as we discuss steps toward providing climate-ready infrastructure and investments to support safer, healthier and more resilient communities for all.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
– Welcome (12:00 - 12:05) – Bradley Dean, Communications & Partnerships Specialist, FEMA
– Keynote Speaker (12:05 - 12:15) – Elizabeth Lien, Senior Director, International Climate Finance, Climate Hub, U.S. Department of the Treasury
– Climate Resilient Infrastructure (12:15 - 1:05) – Forbes Tompkins, Manager, Federal Policy, Flood-Prepared Communities, The Pew Charitable Trusts (Moderator); John Hall, President and CEO, The Houston Advanced Research Center (HARC); Dr. Sarah Slaughter, NAE, CEO and President, Built Environment Coalition; Thomas W. Smith, III, ENV SP, CAE, F.ASCE, Executive Director, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE); Andrew Wishnia, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Climate Policy, U.S. Department of Transportation
– Break (1:05 - 1:10)
– Fireside Chat: Financing Climate Action (1:10 - 1:40) – Dr. Alan H. Kwok, Director, Climate and Disaster Resilience, Northern California Grantmakers (Moderator); Colette Pichon Battle, Esq., Executive Director, Gulf Coast Center for Law and Policy; Tina Poole Johnson, SVP, Network Services, Opportunity Finance Network
– Closing Remarks (1:40 - 2:00) – Sandra Cauffman, Deputy Director of the Earth Sciences Division, NASA; David Maurstad, Deputy Associate Administrator, Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration (FIMA), FEMA
The views expressed herein are those of the individual contributors and may not represent the views of the U.S. Government. Nothing herein should be construed as an endorsement of any non-government entities, organizations, or service, or as a formal statement of guidance, or policy position of FEMA or other U.S. Government entities.