Join the RNPN and leaders from the private, public and academic sectors as we discuss how we’re collectively progressing climate action through strategic partnerships and shared missions. Tackling the growing impacts of climate change will require a massive and unified effort. Where are we now? Where do we go next? How do we ensure we’re working together? We’ll be tackling these questions and laying a path forward for not just the next four weeks, but future generations to come.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
– Welcome (12:00 - 12:05) – Bradley Dean, Communications and Partnerships Specialist, FEMA
– "Partnering for a Stronger Tomorrow" (12:05 - 12:15) – Monica Sanders, Managing Director, Georgetown University Environmental Justice Program
– Welcome Remarks from the Administrators (12:15 - 12:35) – Deanne Criswell, FEMA and Sen. Bill Nelson, NASA
– Break (12:35 - 12:40)
– "The Present and Future Vision of Climate Action" (12:40 - 1:45) – Samantha Medlock, Senior Counsel, Select Committee on the Climate Crisis, U.S. House of Representatives (Moderator); Ko Barrett, Senior Advisor for Climate, NOAA Research and Vice-Chair, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change; Satya Rhodes-Conway - Mayor, Madison, WI; Jay Koh - Co-Founder and Managing Director, The Lightsmith Group; Dr. Gavin Schmidt - Senior Advisor on Climate, NASA
– Closing Remarks (1:45 - 1:55) – Gina McCarthy, White House National Climate Advisor
The views expressed herein are those of the individual contributors and may not represent the views of the U.S. Government. Nothing herein should be construed as an endorsement of any non-government entities, organizations, or service, or as a formal statement of guidance, or policy position of FEMA or other U.S. Government entities.